Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day Two - Arrival

We are finally in Croatia and if I never see the inside of an airplane I would die a happy man. Of course that will make it hard for me to get home, but that is another story. If you have ever had trouble sleeping and your spouse is out cold you know how frustrating it can be. Imagine having over 300 people sleeping peacefully while you wander the darkened airplane. The students all say they only got a few hours of sleep, but trust me, I saw them out like a light and I think they are only complaining because they did not get a full 8 hours.

Anyway, we are here in Zagreb and are excited about the rest of the trip. We got a bus and walking tour of the city which was fantastic. There were so many flashes going off I was sure there was a news conference going on around us. Zagreb is such an interesting mix of old and new that you keep staring with your mouth open. The evidences of the war here are still plain to see on the buildings and thez serve as a reminder of how far Croatia has come from a very scary past.

We will have our first business meetings tomorrow and our first student will be talking about the day. I can guarantee you it will be interesting. Phil Hall will be the student in charge and he is both talkative and creative so it should be interesting. Tomorrow we will all be human again so the blog will be much more interesting.

1 comment:

  1. So exciting to hear what you guys are up to! Thanks for the posts! Keep traveling safe. =)

    ReplyDelete