Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day One - Anticipation

Today is the day. By now everyone is frantically trying to finish their packing ( I know the students did not use their Friday night to get everything packed) and are making sure their bags meet the weight limits for either carry on or checking. I know I have weighed mine at least three times to make sure it isn't too heavy. It looks good, but this is on the same scale that tells me I'm 15 pounds lighter than the scale at the Doctor's office. You can see why I'm still nervous.

We will be meeting at the business school in just a couple of hours for our trip to Indianapolis, then on to Chicago, Munich and finally, Zagreb. Just thinking about all those flights and running to various gates makes me exhausted. I hope they have some quality in flight movies because getting any sleep in an airplane seat is more difficult than getting through airport security without having to remove most of my clothes.

This initial post will be different than the rest. There are four different students who will be contributing during the trip. Their posts will be much more interesting because they are young, excited and will have much to say about their experiences, both as tourists and students learning about international business. I will simply be trying to survive and keep tabs on everyone.

Sorry this post is rather short, but I promise we will have more interesting info, pictures and movies for the rest of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment